söndag 15 april 2012

one layer a day exercise.

Today I didn't do much. Just a few lines of charcoal. I'm beginning to see a pattern:
Every two days I like the image, and every two days I hate it.
Today I hate it. But that only means tomorrow I'm gonna come up with something awesome and love it :).



A reminder, of course, not to be too judgmental on our work or ourselves. It is all a matter of perspective. Who is watching? What mood is he/she in? What has her/his day been like? Is he/she jealous or overly exited about just about everything? Etcetera.

I think that was one of the favorite things I learnt in theatre school:
Our teacher (very harsh, very loving Polish old school guy) always told us not to bother about judging our own work, but let the audience do that. For some of the other students that seemed stressful, but for me it was a relief. I could only show up, do my job the very best I could and enjoy it as much as possible and that was it. I didn't have to go home and agonise about weather it had been good enough or not, I could just leave it to the people who were watching. And I didn't have to bother about it at all. Not about what they thought either if I didn't want to. The acting part was my business and the judging part was theirs (if they felt like it).

Everything is a work in progress. We only invite the onlookers to get a glimpse of our journey.


Which is what I am doing here I guess.

Love!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar