torsdag 19 april 2012

inner critic.

We all know it. We have all succumed to its' visious whispers.
What am I talking about?
The Inner Critic. Telling us everything that could possibly be considered negative or bad about ourselves and what we do. Killing ideas before they are even born. Making us hide away masterpieces (or just regular good, nice, interesting things) or even shred them to pieces. Hurting us at our very core.
And you know what is - I don't know which word suits best here - the most ironic, the best, the most surprising, about it? It is that in its' essence, or from the beginning, the Inner Critic is/was designed to support us and keep us safe.
It is true. Totally, I promise. It has only run amock a bit, a heep, way too much. It has oh to much power for its' own good. And for our good. The Inner Critic tells us all our possible weaknesses, because he/she doesn't want us to get hurt. He/she points out things for us to fix. The problem being that most of the things an Inner Critic that has run amock points out to us don't need any fixing at all. They are allready perfect.
So the Inner Critic needs to be shown the limits of what he/she is supposed to do. Easier said than done, I know for sure. But maybe a strategy to stop our Inner Critics stopping us from creating is to simply say something like:
"I know you fear I am going to be hurt or laughed at, and that you actually just want to keep me safe (locked in), but this creating is for fun. It is not dangerous. Maybe people wont like what I do, but that is totally OK. They don't have to. I like the creating. That is enough for me."

What do you think? How do you tackle your Inner Critic? Leave a response in the comments if you feel called to!

I drew my Inner Critic at two points in my life. So far. I am sure I will do it again. It is good to put a face on that b-gger (pardon my language) sometimes, hihi.




Love!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar