söndag 29 januari 2012

passion.

A while ago I wrote here about my fascination for other people's passion. How I thought about doing an interview project about it here on the blog. So, I figured today would be a good day to start. What I love about this, is that asking people about things they are passionate about gives us a chance to see things we might not normally think of at all through the eyes of somebody who loves them. I remember the first time I discovered the beauty of this:

I was on the trainstation waiting for the train to take me to visit my mother and stepfather. A young woman called out my name, and it was an old friend I hadn't seen for possibly ten years. We met at a scoutscamp one summer a long long time ago, stayed in touch a while after, but then lost contact. She had become an engineer and work in some heavy industry I can't remember. What I do remember is how surprised I was that she had ended up in that business, and in that role. She was some sort of supervisor on the floor, working with only men in a huge factory of sort where they constructed something that required a lot of heat.nAnd even more, I recall how fascinating it was to here her talk about it. It was something I would never have taken an interest in myself. Ever. I would have written it of as utterly boring and a sad way to have to spend your working days. But she lit up completely. Talking about her love of walking out onto the floor filled with those huge machines and containers. Feeling the heat, the heat, the heat. Her eyes shone, her skin blushed and she looked as the heat was in her when she talked about it. And I didn't want her to stop talking. For a moment there could be nothing more exciting than this job she was talking about. And afterwards I was all excited as if though I had stumbled upon a grand treasure, or unlocked a big secret:

Everything in life can be this exciting! You just have to see it through the eyes of that person who is passionate about it.

And then, unfortunatly, I forgot about it.

But now I figured, why not embark on a journey where we can explore different passions here on my blog? Yes!!!

I will post my first interview (with myself, hehe) as soon as it is finished = soon. And if you have a passion you would like me to interview you about here  - just let me know!

Love!





Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar