onsdag 25 januari 2012

siblings.

It was of course part of the plan all along. First get one kid. Then one more. And then they would love eachother and be there for eachother for the rest of their lives. I just figured we had to get through a couple of years of jealousy, fighting and competing first. And maybe all those things will come.

But when L came in to our lives I was surprised. I remember trying to exchange my baby sister for the neighbours kitten (almost got away with it), but S instantly loved her. Always wants to kiss her goodnight. Can't wait to wake her up in the morning. He threw a couple of jealousy fits, but not more than a couple. And he takes the things she plays with away from her claiming them as "MINE!". But you know, he is two. And the next second he wants to lay down next to her and try and make her laugh. Or sit in front of me so that we can hold her together and he gently strokes her stomach. I am sure the tears and fighting will also come. But right now I am so utterly happy to watch them exchange glances of michief to come!


I know my own sister and I had our share of fighting, but she is also one of the most important people (together with, P, S and L) and has taught me so much about relationships, myself and life. Purely by being who she is and being in my life. She has taught me responsibility, love without  demands, swallowing my pride, humility, how to laugh until you think your body is going to break. Amongst other things. There were days when I cried over something she said, I know I have made her cry sometimes. There were days of jealousy when I thought she did everything better than me and everybody loved her more. But I wouldn't change anything at all. Not one thing. She is the best sister I could ever have gotten.



And I so wish my children will grow up to feel the same.

How about you? Do you have a sibling? What has he or she or them meant for you?

Love!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar