fredag 13 januari 2012

small things.

One of the joys of having children is to, through them, experience the world anew. I am often too stressed and too preoccupied with what is going on inside to fully appriciate this. But yesterday, I took a walk in the rain with Missy tucked into the pram and The Man walking proud with his own umbrella. I decided that I wasn't going to stress him or hurry one bit, just allow the walk to take as long as it did, allowing him to stop whenever and for how long he liked, exploring whatever he wanted. And it was great!


I hope I remember to take more walks like this one! I aspire to follow more in the footsteps of my children (she will walk eventually, early to judge by her eagerness) and let the small things blow me away with their wonder!

2 kommentarer:

  1. what a beautiful post... I love the picture... appreciating the tiny things that we sometimes pass by without noticing on a normal day... so beautiful. :)
    Love,
    Amanda*

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thank you, Amanda! It is important for so many reasons, don't you think? As adult it is so easy to rush on and on, not even sure of where we are going. And like that wise person whose name I forgot said (not exactly, but something like this):
      Life is all those days that go by while we are waiting for the Real Life to begin.

      Radera