måndag 23 januari 2012

Everyday creative.

The other day it struck me.

I have been beating on myself and striving to change and giving myself peptalks for years about how creativity ought to be part of my everday life least I become unhappy. And then suddenly I realized. It is.

For a while now I have created something every single day. Sometimes it is just a minute here and a few seconds there of knitting. Sometimes it is working on a "real" project for even an hour, the kids clinging on me, helping out or bringing books to read. So hip hip horray for a MAJOR goal come true! And I actually am a lot happier, and I feel a whole lot more like me than before. And it is a wonderful thing indeed.

So what have I learnt from this? Things don't have to be so complicated. Every project doesn't have to be a full length play in front of an audience or a book written and published. It can be the tiniest thing. And it can still be completely fulfilling!

I have also started to create with whatever I find lying around indoors or outdoors, and that really sets the imagination free! So if you are stuck and don't know what to do - here is what I suggest: Just go out into Mama Nature and pick up just about anything. Bring it home and just sit with it and see what colour it might want to be, or if there is something at home you feel like gluing on it or.... whatever. Really just whatever. A while ago a brought home a stick, painted it and wrapped some yarn on it and then tied on some strips of paper. Pretty art? Not really. Fun? YES!



Did you create something with an object of nature (or household object, or thingie found in the garage or...)? Post a picture in the comments!

Love!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar