tisdag 23 oktober 2012

First sell.


My artwork in the café. Impossible to get a good image of the pictures, but you can see how nicely they are framed :).

Exhibition is over. I went to pick up the illustrations a couple of days ago. When I decided to put them on display I really didn't dream that anybody was even going to notice them.
Do I sence some seflcritique here? Some fears maybe?

I was then utterly surprised when I actually sold two! Ha!

I totally take it as a sign from the universe I do deserve to be an artist and that I should step it up.

And so I am trying to open my Etsyshop now. I say trying, because everything that is technical or IT seems to present me with a neverending list of tiny but annoying obstacles to get over. For example, I spent half an hour in bed paralyzed by unexplicable fear (nobody ever admits to how extremely scary it is to go for your dreams - or maybe they do, I just didn't realize what that meant exactly. Like imitating a corpse in bed for half an hour. Or suddenly feeling the urge to tidy your whole appartement. Or run a marathon on a weeknight.).

So now I have made a list of things I need to do (find out standard measures for passepartouts at the place I frame my pictures, find out shipping costs, finding the right kind of envelopes to ship in without things breaking, figuring out PayPal - I know it is supposed to work without figuring out, I am still terrified as soon as I start typing the adress in).

And as I write this I realize I am probably the most scared person I know. Hm.

Anybody else there as scared as I am? And how to deal with it? Do you know? I guess you just have to live with it. To put yourself out there and expose yourself is really scary. Risking having your hopes fall apart too. I'll just keep trying to push myself to do it anyways.
To see where I end up.

Love!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar