måndag 4 juni 2012

Greatest vernissage ever coming up this october.

So, if you happen to find yourself in Stockholm in the beginning of october, you should absolutely come to Bageri Systrarna Andersson. It is a bakery/café at the crossing of Karlbergsvägen and Birkagatan. And it is where I will have my first exhibition ever! For three weeks my super illustrations will embellish the walls there and hopefully bring joy and thought to the (mostly old) people having their coffée and daily chat there :).

I am a bit proud of myself for asking if I could hang my things there. Not that they have very high standards (they don't judge the material, just check that it isn't extremely offensive). But that I took the time to prepare the few sketches I have and go show them. Instead of what I have too often done before:

Think to myself that I could do at least as well as the artist whose paintings are currently there, go home and dream about having a supergreat magic vernissage, feeling ashamed of myself and not do anything about it. This time I thought: I could do as well as that in my way, I went home and started dreaming of a supergreat magic vernissage, decided to invest in giving myself a challenge (finish enough drawings until october) and some fun and booked the caféwalls for three weeks in october.

And that is a big deal. Me not feeling ashamed of myself and my art. Me supporting my own grand dreams - even if it is in a small way.

It is still a start! Horray!

What could you do to support your dreams today?


Not quiet finished, but almost ;).

Love!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar