fredag 7 oktober 2011

right now


Rain is pouring down in heaps. So I've opened my door ajar to let in the wonderful air. I just love the way the air feels and smells when it's raining. Never mind it's a bit cold.
As soon as my baby falls asleep (if she does) I'm going to throw myself over my current project that you can see on the photo. It was suppoused to have been finished by now, but I guess next autumn is also a good deadline. With a baby and a twoyearold in the house there is no such thing as "on time" or "hurry". Which in some ways is really nice.
Anyway, the reasonI'm knitting this is because I was inspired by another project of mine (www.symbolicskin.blogspot.com) in which I wrote shortly about my desire to come into closer contact with nature, and so the idea is to make a huge shawl in the colours of nature - forest, ocean, sun/fire and mountain/stones/minerals. We'll see how that turns out =). Knitting seems to be the perfect way to be creative when you have small children since it's so easy to just pick up for a couple of seconds or minutes and just lay down instantly whenever it's needed. I never thought I would start knitting, but there you go. If you have to be creative you have to, so just go with whatever expression you can, right? After all, it's all about exploring in a sence, don't you think?

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar